April 21, 2008

If I turned off the sun, you're still gonna shine 

For the last couple of months, its almost becoming a monday routine that I have to visit NAB bank, which slowly comes to me as one of the worst banks in the world

The story being......
I took a bank cheque out in late January to pay for camp ground fee
I sent it in the mail but never got the receipt or a reply back
I called the camp ground and they said they havent got it so I paid with credit card
I returned to cancel the cheque but the bank told me it had already been cashed out
Called the camp ground but they denied of ever having recieved it
so Im trying to get the bank to track the cheque so I have some evidence to get refunded from the camp ground ppl (cos they prob cashed it without knowing it was from me)

Looking at the date today, u prob realise how long Ive been following this thing up for
I dun have much free time so I can only go on mondays (every monday in fact)
Parkville campus is always busy so I went to the carlton branch
What really annoys the hell out of me is that carlton branch said I took the cheque out at parkville so I have to go talk to them and the parkville branch said they couldnt access any info cos I launched an enquiry at carlton branch....
lousy...theyll hav no business working in asian countries like this
Imagine me going in every week and had to explain what I just said every time to different consultants
They were so slow I had time to fold 3 origamis
They were so slow I literally felt asleep on the serving counter (the guy next to me nudged to wake me)
Took them til last week to give me an enquiry number, let alone even looking into this enquiry at all...
10 mins to get there. 10 mins to get back.
Stuck there for 30-60 mins. Thats 1 hr+ of my hard-to-find lunch time every week
I'm tired beyond tired that I learn not to get upset when I'm going into the bank anymore

Anyway, this isnt what I was trying to say
Today, being bored by the wait like usual, I noticed the consultant calling for the next customer in line,
"How may I help u?"
An asian guy walked up and did his business with a confused face
After a while the guy bursted out laughing
From my understanding, the asian guy misheard what the consultant said for "let the fat one through"
He made a remark "call me fat or skinny all u like. As long as I have my money, I'm happy"

Moral of the story: If u concentrate on whats making u upset, ull miss all the good things that come by

PS. The title has nothing to do with what I said. I just like it cos someone tried to pick me up with that line today :-D

4 comments:

crushedguava said...

now THIS is wuliao.

Supa04 said...

Dun contaminate my blog with such word. Lets have some infection control here

_V said...

O dear, what have i done!

Jian said...

I'm here to get rid of the pests. Where shall I start. I brought my Wu Liao-minator 2000 with me. It's the latest model.