October 26, 2008

On the plate

Courage means the state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it.

I like the definitions there cos I realised that the fear in us has never really gone away.
It's always there. Some days u triumph and some days u regress.
Sometimes u can be courageous...just for a brief moment and that's all that matters.
My fren said that going up to say u like someone is like offering ur heart on the plate to be stabbed

I've never been stabbed cos I never put my heart out there.
I regressed and got used to being disappointed.
Keeps holding on to my heart b4 I get hurt, but I know it slowly bruises
to the point where I'm not sure which is worse, bruising or being stabbed.
My fren also said that noone gets a second stab at her heart.
But for me, if I have to get stabbed once or twice now to get what I never have, then so be it.

Today I found out I lost 2kg.
Giving a piece of urself away sure makes u feel lighter...

1 comment:

_V said...

if you wish you keep mutilating your heart, i know a couple of good surgeons.