October 3, 2008

My blood for milkshake

After much procrastination I finally went to donate blood for the second time in my life.

My first was back in 2004 after when tsunami hit Thailand's southern west coast.
The experience wasnt so pleasant then cos it took me ages to fill up the bag.
And to my embarassment, it didnt even fill up. The nurse just let me go.
That's prob part of the reason why I havent donate anymore since then.
the other reason being cos I'm lazy

Today I found out a few things

Having an O blood group doesnt mean I can give it to anyone, only O (-ve) can give it to all receipients.
In return, that selfless blood group can only take from their own. :-(
I dunno if I'm O (+ve) or O (-ve) but ill find out in a couple of days.
On the contrary, AB (+ve) is the complete opposite of O (-ve)

















Doing the questionaire was easy. A lot of the questions they asked were the same as what I asked my own patients.

Mrs X: Have you seen a dentist recently?
Me: yes
Mrs X: What did you have done?
Me: oh just a chat with frens.
Mrs X: ......

Mrs X: Have u been in surgery recently?
Me: yes
Mrs X: What did you have the surgery for?
Me: I pulled my patient's teeth out
Mrs X: u idiot

And boy do they ask lotsa sex questions...sex with a female, sex with a male, sex on the tree, sex with the monkey...so on & so on
Oh and Thailand is considerd a HIV country :-)

The chair..... The chair they seated u in was very comfortable.
If I didn't have a needle in my arm, I wouldve fallen asleep
Ahhh the needle...my patients whined bout a tiny 30 gauge needle.
The needle they punctured me with was 16 gauge, roughly bout the size of a Pocky stick if u know what that is.

This time I actually filled up the bag and the phrase "suck you dry" was quite appropriated.
My arm felt cold and really weak I couldnt squeeze the ball they gave me.

Afterwards I got to have refreshments.
Even though they have a list of menu, I just picked milkshake and biscuits.
They took about 450ml of my blood.
They exchanged with milkshake.......not a bad deal

Save some lives...Save the world...............and get milkshake :-D

27/10/08: O(+ve) I am

No comments: