April 24, 2009

Rheumatic Fever

Rheumatic fever is an inflammatory disease that may occur after a streptococcal bacterial infection. It is caused by the antibody cross reaction between the bacterial antigen and the self antigen of various organs such as the heart, joints, the brain and skin. The major concern with regard to dentistry is the damage to the endocardium or the heart valve which may put these patients under the risk of developing infective endocarditis after performing some dental procedures.
That's what I'm going to regurgitate, word by word, if by some dim chance it turns up in the exam for the third time.
Getting shot down by Dr Stacey in viva exam was a unique experience few dental students had to endure, so...once is already one too many.

I'll never ever forget it again.
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again
I'll never ever forget it again

It's surprising how depression can be a drive to make you study, even though it usually lasts only a few minutes.

No comments: