May 18, 2008

Sunday

This morning I woke up at 8am for the first time on sunday, hoping to make up for the lack of day time yesterday when I woke up at 5pm.
I had a plan to go for a grand food shopping since the supply in the house was totally exhausted.
8am was cold. It just finished raining and the forecast said there will be a few showers today.
I hate rain when I'm cycling.
The sky was cloudy and I longed for some Vitamin D.
The thought of warmth underneath my doona felt strangely comforting given I had just a bit less than 4 hrs of sleep
But I promised to get out and do some shopping today
So I made a deal that if it doesnt rain again by the time I finished my bacon and egg + shower then I'll go out.
It didnt...
As I cycled out, the sky cleared. The road was empty and the morning air was very refreshing.
For the first time, I got to vic market at the opening time rather than the closing time
I got the first pick of all the meat and vegetable rather than the left over/half price stuffs (not that I know how to pick the good slice of meat)
Met a fren and went to buy stuffs at Laguna in QV and also dropped by at Mindgames
Frens wanted lunch at Hungry Jacks but I didnt get anything
Played badminton for a couple of games
All in all... a good day

Things I learnt
- A particular fren of mine is also into boardgames
- "There are things in life which seemed like a good idea at times but u regret doing it afterwards" eg. eating burgers
- If u dun give something a chance, u may regret not knowing what it wouldve been like
(referring to me getting outside today)

PS. dun u find the last 2 points contradicting?

No comments: