February 8, 2008

I'm getting high

Here we r in 4th yr
Lotsa changes, lots to learn and lotsa decisions
one of the things to think about is getting dental loupes

After the loupes display last friday, it has suddenly become the "talk of the town (dental building)"
"whos getting what?" "which is better?" "what did 5th yr say?"
and its of concern to me how some ppl think

Regardless of whether ur getting it or not, its fine as long as u know what u want
cos these little "toys" r well over $1000
I can understand that a lot of ppl got excited cos suddenly a lot of ppl r getting it
but u shouldnt let ur decision be influenced by others
Some ppl said Im stubborn and I can accept that
At least I know what I want, why I want it and how I want it

Get ur priority sorted
Looks is important but is it more important than functions and practicality?

Is removable prescription lens necessary?
Most of the ppl hav been to clinics so far with just contact lens
and they've been fine with that (unlike me...im not fine with contacts and i dun wear them at all)
so why why why
... would u want removable prescription lens?
For that option of wearing or not wearing contacts?
After a month or so, the lens prob end up staying permanently on ur goggles or permanently in the locker anyway
and is it worth the extra $300-$400?

I want flip-up loupes cos I save myself from the hassles when I have to change prescription lens
I want Titanium Frame cos again its easier to put in prescriptions and prob more durable in the long run than sport frames
so dun bother me... I know what I want

and dun ask for my opinion
"but its not good getting dependent on loupes right?"
well this is the time to decide...
Loupes are not drugs
U get dependent on it cos its good...cos it enhances ur vision/improves posture/improves quality of work
Its not like loupes give u back pain and ur still dependent on it anyway

Dependent as I maybe, I can live with that knowing what it'll do for me
and I'm ok with ppl not using loupes as long as u hav ur stand
not this "but its not good getting dependent on loupes right?"
just cos ur unsure and u want me to convince u

Lets be honest...u dun care about my opnion
we r all stubborn in our own ways
But if u ever decide to use it (be dependent on it) then now is the good time
while u still hav time...while u still hav labs... and the works ur doing don't matter so much...
Thats why I'm getting mine now...happy?

My verdict is - If loupes are drugs then I'm happily getting high

No comments: