August 20, 2008

Thank you

I know that being a dentist I probably never will be as appreciated or receive thank you cards/presents from patients as much as my dad who saves ppl from cancer on the daily basis
but todays the first time I've got something from my patient (theres always a first time)...my denture patient...maybe my last denture patient for the rest of the course

The act of giving and words of encouragement meant so much to me emotionally
cos its reminding me that I'm doing goods, I'm doing the right thing and I'm making a difference

and then I find that

patients give presents cos they appreciate your work and whatever uve done was life-changing
In dentistry I only see denture patients do so......
other than that, maybe aesthetic dentistry...like Dr. Terry Wong
but ppl dun give presents for ur fillings or 10yrs worth of monitoring, fluoride and check-ups.

sadly, denture is something we r moving away from...

4 comments:

_V said...

Congratulations Pros Nut. Would you like to finish off my denture patient? I'll seriously pay you. It's more cost-time efficient

Supa04 said...

Vitro...do u know that next yr, the clinic gives u a total of how much u earned so far... what procedures u did most and so on. in my opinion, denture is the only quick money booster u know.. so get a couple done under ur belt

_V said...

should i do one more acrylic denture just because this patient is so damn nice. you're gonna have heaps of money mister endo and pros. i only do cervical GICs.

Supa04 said...

yah do it if u hav time.
even tho i said i had enough, i just met a pt today whom i feel like making a denture for.
us dentists never know when to quit, do we?