August 3, 2008

Arms and Legs

I once again wish for my dream lost-property-locating device
If the bike wheels are my legs and badminton rackets are my arms, then I'm an amputee today

The loss of my two Nanospeed 7000, together with my badminton membership came to me as a terrible shock this afternoon...no warning
I have totally no account of what happened to it since the last time I used it, which was last saturday....obviously cos its not something I would notice on a daily basis
but somewhere between the badminton court, safeway and my house, the rackets had gone walk-about

Apart from eating, sleeping and procrastinating, the next closest thing to a routine is playing badminton on the weekend.
Now that it has gone I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I feel like a half broken man

I've gone thru the 5 stages of grief
Denial - I was in denial, frantically searching around the house 3 times and at safeway and at the badminton court. I was looking for it in the toilet. Any sane person would surely call me stupid
Anger - angry, I was, for being so careless and took it for granted
Bargaining - I secretly wished that if the rackets turn up, I would stop youtubing and study hard for the rest of the night (which I know doesnt sound like much...im not good at bargaining)
Depression....what can I say
and Acceptance...

In times like these, I know what my mum would say
she would tell me to do what I found to be the hardest thing to do which is letting go.
but the faster I accept that the better off Ill be
cos as expensive as it maybe, its merely an object which is replaceable


looking on the bright side, I left my melb uni badminton club membership and the sport centre swipe card with the rackets.
A half decent person who picked it up would prob know where to return it to....*fingers crossed*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

..what does a half broken man do to put the broken pieces together??

P.S. I'm not so anonymous^^...i see u most weekdays - tho usu from the back cos u always sit at the front =P...hehe u literally bumped into me today =P!

Supa04 said...

its quite simple. just do like what most amputees would do i.e. get a prosthesis. been trying diff arms eg. armortec, muscle power, arcsaber but now i realised nothing can replace the original. :-(

as of ur identity. im sori i dunno who u r. i bump into thousands of girls everyday both intentionally and unintentionally. tho u sound like iron-abs mannitol

Anonymous said...

ahhaha u bump into 1000s of girls everyday hey? =P. now i just feel special -.-"

yes it is "they've gone a lil flabby-abs" here

gah so you are saying you settle for less and miss the original?

Supa04 said...

it means ive tried other ones but dun like them as much so far.
might get the same one (what does that mean ..rejuvenate?)
surely wouldnt settle for less