September 9, 2008

When she cried

when did u last saw someone cried?
me? a very long time (not including myself or those seen on TV)

tears mean a lot of things
tears from me generally mean i'm sleepy
tears from pts generally mean physical pain
we see it everyday. I see it everyday and i thought i've become immuned to it.
but when I saw that tear running down her face, the feeling I've long forgotten revived in me
the inability to breathe as if someone was sitting on my chest

my heart felt heavier
my brain unable to think, flooded with useless emotional action potential firing crap
the weight on my shoulders

and the sympathy I felt
not the oh-poor-you or the fair-enough kinda sympathy but the I-dun-ever-want-to-see-you-cry kinda sympathy
I dun get it a lot but the image of someone close experiencing a genuine emotional pain and being so vulnerable was overwhelming
A hug then seems like a right and also a wrong thing to do.

as much as we like to deny it, the invisible bond between us is there
cant see it but its definitely stronger than SE bond

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this and I was very touched. It seems like the person made a really big impact on you. Just out of curiousity, was this a real incident or was it fictional?

Supa04 said...

It was real but just in case ur wondering, shes a fren. Friendship can be superfical or genuine and I think we only realise when bad things happen to us

Anonymous said...

That’s very true! Seems like you both share a very strong connection. She’s very lucky to have a close friend like you… Why did you feel that giving her a hug was a wrong thing to do? I always think that hugs are the best way to comfort someone!

Supa04 said...

hehe she has a bf :-P
so I dun wan ppl to get the wrong idea.

Anonymous said...

I guess if people saw that she was crying, then they would think that it is fine for you to hug her. Is it hard for you guys to be close friends even though she has a bf? Sometimes I find it hard to not fall for them myself...

Supa04 said...

hehe oh well.
as mean as this may sounds, I wouldn't want her as my gf...hehe
and...
when I cry, i personally dun like ppl to make a big deal out of it. Having ppl hovering around asking you what u just cried about kinda reminds u about it and that makes everything worse. from what i can see, she didnt want other ppl to see her cry too :-D

Anonymous said...

Ooo..that does sound a bit harsh, don't you think? =( Well I guess she's just not your type then. Yeh I agree that having people hovering around does make things worse, but one or two people comforting is ok though. I guess it makes you feel that you do have people looking out and caring for you...